Soil and water might be considered “endless” resources by some, but the fact is that if we don’t look after the quality of what we have, we could end up with vast areas of poor soil and water that can’t be used. In Florida, Soil & Water Conservation Districts take care of these valuable resources through various programs.
Not only do Florida Soil & Water Conservation Districts protect the state’s natural resources through the implementation of various types of technology, but they also make sure to educate the population.
Knowledge is essential to success, and only when everyone understands how important it is to protect land and conserve water will we be able to truly work together to ensure future generations can enjoy these resources as well.
Thus, Florida Soil & Water Conservation Districts help to protect working land and all the resources related to it, including water. If the quality of these resources isn’t maintained, the quality of life in Florida would drop dramatically, because the production of food, fiber, and many other essentials depend on the excellence of our soil and water.
Some of the strategies and special projects Florida’s Soil & Water Conservation Districts employ include:
- Research into new methods of land utilization to maintain production yield while conserving quality and enhancing the environment
- Educating the population via different programs to take better care of our natural resources
- Research, development, and implementation of advanced conservation systems
- Working to change local, state, provincial and federal policy to improve conservation through science and common sense
- Giving conservationists the tools they need to achieve their goals via training programs and professional development
- Creating a network to ensure conservationists have all the support they need
Without Florida’s Soil & Water Conservation Districts, it wouldn’t be long before the resources we take for granted would become unusable. They are a vital part of maintaining the quality of life in Florida.
Egis Risk Advisors is the administrator of Florida Insurance Alliance (FIA), a public entity trust protecting more Special Districts and Public Charter Schools than any other insurance trust in Florida. We not only understand the mission of Florida’s Water & Conservation Districts, but also provide our full support through the following insurance coverages and services: